New Years Eve 2018. Second year in a row that I've had a NYE wedding. And both times it was an absolute party! Especially this year with Luke and Heather's wedding. I don't think there was a single dull moment the entire day. For me, it started super early as my sister and I had to make the trip from Fort Worth to Austin that morning (she was a guest and me the photographer). But once things started happening, the fun never stopped!
The bride and groom met at Baylor University. Both amazing musicians! I first met the bride through my sister's acapella group VirtuOSO. And then on a school trip to Los Angeles where VirtuOSO was competing for nationals, I meet Heather's mom and find out that we are both Nolan Catholic High School alumni! (GO VIKINGS!!!). We bonded ever since! But to say that the wedding day was fun and exciting is a complete understatement.
Here are some memorable highlights...
• The bride got her hair completely done, and no one thought about the fact that she was wearing a t-shirt.
• Said t-shirt had to then be cut in order to save the hair. Lol
• Church is where the groom's family preaches.
• Father-of-the-groom was the pastor for the ceremony!
• There was crying. A lot. :')
• The field where we took the wedding party and family photos was right behind the church and was absolutely amazing for only being on the other side of the parking lot.
• Live musicians galore! For both the ceremony and reception! All super amazing and talented!!!
• The more I hear live bands play at weddings the more inclined to have one at my own, haha.
• The groom got "riced" at the reception? Literally an entire box of instant rice poured down the groom's pants... Apparently a Hoeft family tradition!
• Beautiful sparkler send off, beautiful wedding overall, and just in time for everyone to celebrate the new year countdown!